Frequently Asked Questions

  1. You both must be over the age of 18 years.
  2. You will need to provide evidence of your birth and photographic identification.
  3. You must give the Celebrant one calendar month’s notice.
  4. If either of you have been previously married you must produce evidence of divorce or death of partner.
  5. On the day of your marriage you must have 2 witnesses over the age of 18 years.
  1. Make a booking to meet with me as soon as you can.
  2. Gather together your legal documents (Birth Certificate, etc)
  3. Work with me to complete the Notice of Intended Marriage which needs to be completed no less than a calendar month prior to marriage.
  4. Think about things you would like to include in your ceremony.
  • All appointments and rehearsal times.
  • Legal paperwork, preparation and printing of documents and ceremony.
  • Personalised written ceremony with your choice of vows, ring exchange wordings, music and readings.
  • Costof travel, stationery, postage and telephone calls within Australia.
  • Completion of all legal paperwork prior to and after the marriage.
  • Provision of a quality public address system

The celebrant can provide advice of how to obtain copies of essential Australian documents and what to do if overseas documents cannot be obtained.

Useful Contacts for Official Documents

Birth Certificates

The registration of births, deaths and marriages, changes of name, changes of sex, adoptions and provision of certificates is the responsibility of the state and territory governments in Australia.

Contact the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages in the state or territory in which the event took place for further information.

Proof of Divorce

The proof of divorce process allows you to request a search of the records of the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia. Where a divorce can be proven, you will be provided with an official document that serves as proof that a divorce was granted and finalised.

Further information is available at

Notice of Intended Marriage Form

You can download and print the ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ from the Attorney General website. Print all 4 pages.

1. Log onto:
2. Under the heading ‘Families and Marriage’ click on ‘Marriage’
3. On left hand side menu, click on ‘Notice of Intended Marriage form’ and then print